Saturday, October 3, 2009

People and their names for animals

I have inferred that the other guy thinks of himself as my "owner" because he gives me salad every day. He calls me, "Spots Regina Bandita Leonora Cookies 'n Cream Skeptical Empiricism Obama." He never bothered to ask me my name, Marie, or, evidently, he doesn't speak Rabbit French.

He calls me Spots because that's what the other family called me, and they called me that because I have spots. If humans had a kid with a big birthmark, would they name her Spots? Or would that be considered abuse, making the child self-conscious? (Not that I mind my spots, I see them as marks of beauty.) Humans like to name cats things like Fluffy and Meowey and Tigger, but would they name their child Baldy or Cryey or Koko?

The tall guy and the other guy keep calling this house, "St Søren's home for wayward boys", so I presume that in their fixation on that melancholy Dane, they have named me after the woman he had had a bizarre relationship with; he sabotaged this relationship out of untreated psychological issues, while thinking he was deep and philosophical. Freaky.

Bandita? I have spots over my eyes, okay? I think that adds to my allure. Leonora? I have no idea. Cookies 'n Cream? Skeptical Empiricism? Obama? All of these things are black and white, in his view. (Incidentally, I'm a rationalist, not an empiricist.)

1 comment:

  1. Je suis à un Pizza Hut! Je suis à un Taco Bell! Je suis à la hutte de pizza combinaison et Taco Bell!

    ReplyDelete